Tuesday, April 19, 2005

'To see a world in a grain of sand, And heaven in a wild flower,

Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.'
First published by Rossetti in Gilchrist's Life of William Blake (1863)
-William Blake, Auguries of Innocence


These arrived in my office today - - and I was taken by surprise. Enthralled and uplifted by the beauty of these flowers, my day was WONDERFUL.

Seems Blue Vertigo wanted to surprise me, and surprise me he did. I am sure he will forgive me stealing his quote....for I feel it fits here.

Forgive the bad hair day - and just enjoy the pics!


MY NEW FLOWERS - COURTESY OF BLUE VERTIGO


A gorgeous addition to my desk - much prettier than the files it replaced.



A beautiful closeup of a stargazer lily from the arrangement...one of Blue Vertigo's personal favorite flowers.

I was having a good day. I was expecting a surprise - - Blue Vertigo had warned me about that. But, honestly - I was expecting my surprise to be Blue Vertigo. He had made mention of trying to take a long lunch at some point to come see me. Today, though, Murphy's law went into overdrive in his life. Poor Blue Vertigo. So, I reasoned, no lunch with him today. I was a little disappointed, but was hopeful his day would improve.

I was in the warehouse, procuring my drink of choice (Diet Coke), when the Office Manager for the Dallas Branch asked me, 'Is it your birthday?' I turned to see a delivery person holding this huge, gorgeous arrangement. I was rendered completely speechless.....which, for me, is totally unheard of (just ask anyone who knows me).

I carried them back to my desk and stared in amazement. I couldn't even concentrate on work for the longest time, as I absorbed the fragrance and the color.

Stargazer lilies, roses, carnations and bells of Ireland......the combination was enough to put me into sensory overload. I think Blue Vertigo had that in mind. Wonderful boy.....wonderful, wonderful boy.

2 comments:

Linds said...

Aw, honey! Those are GORGEOUS! No kidding you had a wonderful day. hee.. check out the grin on that face. Too cute.

Lucky lady!

tom said...

Th flowers don't compare well with your beauty, but i am glad someone sent you flowers.