Sunday, April 03, 2005

Operation Puppy Retrieval

(Thanks to Blue Vertigo for the title)

Left Dallas at 5am on Saturday morning (I know, I know...long story - - I was on 'PopeWatch' - - couldn't tear myself away from the TV for updates...and was procrastinating because I didn't want to get in the car and drive for hours) and made it to Abilene at 8am.

Left Abilene at 9am..made it to San Angelo at 10:15, picked up Godiva, and made it back to Abilene by 11:45. Introduced the newest member of the Freeman petting zoo to Chrissy and Chris.

Napped from 2pm to 7pm - then hung out with Chrissy, Kara and a handful of 'the girls'. Oh...and about 40 C-130 pilots and crewmen from Dyess. I got a funny shirt out of it. I just blurted out to one of them, Andy, 'I want your shirt!' He obliged. Heh.....when you've got it...you've got it. Er....maybe...um, probably not so much...but he did hand over the shirt. I will post a pic of it later. Great fun - - Dyess airmen all out wearing shirts that were made especially for the occasion - the 'Abilene Under Siege - Death March 2005'. Ironic, because the Pope passed away....

Anyway - that event is still weighing on my mind. He was the only Pope I actually ever can remember. My worldview, while it developed early, was still in its infancy back in 1978.

Todd met the puppies...and he and I got to talk for a while.

Sleep again...then back to Dallas.

Cleaning - and bonding with Godiva...who, at seven weeks, is almost 15 lbs. Good gosh, I am really in for it now.

No comments: