Monday, November 01, 2004

If you're from Bangs....I don't like you any longer

Ok....I gave my convertible to my mother. That's common knowledge now. Well...mom let my 24 year old sister take it to Brownwood, where my brother lives.

Ok....my brother coaches for Early. Early played Bangs. Big rivalry.

The casualty? My Sebring. Yeah...my sister parked it in front of my brother's house. So, it was the target of idiots out egging.

How did I find out? I called my sis to catch up on Saturday...and she asked in a really meek little voice, 'Have you talked to mom or dad yet?'

'No,' I responded.

'Well, don't freak out......' she warned me.......(don't freak out? Don't Freak Out? FREAK OUT? ME? WHAT? FREAK? ME FREAK OUT?!?!?!?!?)

After prodding her for a couple of minutes...she relayed the egging incident...but quickly added, 'We got it all cleaned up.'

Then a really terrifying thought occurred to me......'Um, you didn't....please tell me that you...' I couldn't bring myself to even ask.

'Yeah, ' she responded. 'I left the top down.'

YOU LEFT THE TOP DOWN? Ok......thank goodness the filter between my mind and mouth was in good working order..otherwise Sister Feud IV would have been in full swing. But, still......the interior of my convertible was egged...as was the exterior.

I calmed down gradually...and even managed NOT to cry. I am a little bit proud of that.
It looks like the car will be ok....it has been detailed...and hopefully there will be no ongoing issues or problems due to the incident.

Oh, but if you're from Bangs.....and you have been egging recently....you might want to watch out for one seriously upset woman in a Chevy Avalanche. You've been warned.

No comments: