Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Happy Turkey Day

What? It's November 30th? Oh, yeah...guess so. Thanksgiving was last week - and I escaped the world of technology and went back to the farm. Wow...that sounds so country.

I went home...to mom, dad, my sibs....etc. But, we don't have 'Thanksgiving' in the traditional sense. We have a catering business...so Thanksgiving was a whirlwind of activity....we catered dinner for one of the college football teams.....it's been a tradition for us since my little brother played for them. These kids, after making the playoffs, can't leave and go home for the holiday. So, we bring the holiday to them. Traditional turkey and dressing...the whole nine yards. It's fun......these kids love it. And, in the past few years, some parents have made the decision to sacrifice their traditional Thanksgiving dinner and travel to be with their children.......and we love having them there.

I finally got to my grandparent's house at about 3pm. Celebrated Thanksgiving with my them and spent time with my aunts, uncles and cousins. Then, at 5pm, I made it to my home. And had a late dinner with my sibs and their assorted significant others and my nephews. And we celebrated our birthdays. Yes, I said 'birthdays'. My two brothers and I all have birthdays within one week of each other. So, we had a little birthday party all together. I wasn't expecting it, really...but it was fun.

My mom gets major points...got me a cute pair of jeans with a flirty pearl and satin belt and a gorgeous pink scoop-necked sweater trimmed with rabbit fur (sorry PETA).

My little sis gave me the most gorgeous sheer silk beaded poncho. Gorgeous - it goes great with jeans...can't wait to wear it out. Always love getting pretty new clothes!

No comments: