Sunday, February 06, 2005

Superbowl Sunday at home

I am sitting at home at 4:30pm on Superbowl Sunday. I am not feeling extremely social, thus my solitary celebration of the 'All-American Holiday'.

Part of it is the fact that I helped a group assist the temporary roommate in moving his assorted belongings to his new 'Zen Casa'.

So, the itch hit me today - - I wanted to clean...and clean...and hang up my 'pretties' - - my decorations. Yes, I know I moved in at the first of October, but I just couldn't make myself settle in. Now that I have marred the walls with nails - I feel at home. I am doing laundry and have scrubbed down the countertops. About to run that noisy dishwasher...and the refrigerator is quaking in fear because I am about to rip it apart and clean out anything in there that has developed the ability to think for itself or move independently of its container.

Why can't I get into the Superbowl this year? *sigh* I don't know. I am a Cowboys fan....so there is always a tiny bit of ambivalence when they don't make the big game. But - this year - I think it is because I am busy with work...and my house looks like a tiny tornado tore through it this week. So, to all my friends having Superbowl celebrations, I am sorry - but I think I am gonna celebrate 'clean'.....clean sheets...clean laundry...clean floors.

Oh, of course I am gonna watch the game...can't miss my commericals, you know.

No comments: