Monday, February 21, 2005

Going to the dogs.....

This weekend, I made a flying trip home to help out with the family catering business.

I was supposed to leave on Friday - but I had to get the title of my truck transferred into my name (why does any interaction with a governmental entity here in DFW take a minimum of three and a half hours?) and my sis saw fit to send me on a scavenger hunt (detailed in Friday's post).

So, I didn't end up leaving until Saturday morning. Early Saturday morning. As in 'you were probably still asleep' Saturday morning.

I got to the catering business and helped set up a local wedding....then worked on the dinner gala for Rescue the Animals. It was the 2005 Dog Bone Festival and Fur Ball. Yes, people and their pets arrive in droves (by the hundreds....hundreds of the two-legged AND four-legged variety). It's all in good fun. Some people really do treat their pets like people. There were 'Elvis' and 'Priscilla'....two little dogs dressed to resemble Elvis Presley (complete with silver jumpsuit) and Priscilla...in a cute frilly skirt.

I had fun checking out a chocolate lab...with her nails painted a bright pink to match her collar and leash. (NO - I will NOT do that to my dog). She was sweet and had a great personality....on top of being a gorgeous dog.

Anyway - after it was over...I spent a little while talking to Todd. It was disturbing, to say the least. Nothing I will go into here...but I am worried about him. It seems he's done a 180 in the last three months and isn't the same person he was when he and I divorced....much less the one I married. Are we just in the process of growing apart? Is he just screwing stuff up? Why do I even worry? Too much to think about.

Anyway, I did dwell on a lot of it on the drive back to DFW. I decided it was a good idea to drive back in that night...got in about 1:00am. I was tired...but glad to be back in my own little apartment.

No comments: