Friday, March 18, 2005

Friday Nights at My Place....

Yes, I am fully aware of the fact that it is shortly after 10:00pm on Friday night, and I am at home.

While all of my friends while away their evening at various locales in the area....I am curled up on my couch, determined to watch 'Vanity Fair' and finish cleaning the house.

Why the incessant housecleaning lately? Well, once again, I am getting a visit from (one of the) parental units. Dad should be here in an hour or so...which means I will have the couch again tonight. Part of me is seriously considering shelling out the money for a nice airbed....with all the parental visits I have been getting lately.....I have decided the couch just doesn't cut it for me. When it rains it pours.

Don't get me wrong....I am thrilled...I have so missed getting to see my mom and dad....and making a quick trip home is not as easy as it was once upon a time (when I lived less than an hour from the 'rents).

As for the automatic pee dispenser hereafter referred to as "Topher"....well, he's settling in quite nicely. We're still working on housetraining. Well...I am working on it...he's oblivous....still. I am soliciting sponsorships from Woolite and Resolve...for all the money I am spending on carpet cleaning supplies....they should be ready and willing to part with some money (or at least a few bottles of cleaner).

No comments: