Sunday, September 19, 2004

AV-A-LANCHE.....say it with me one time....

Ok...now that I am plugged back into the information superhighway (sorry...I decided to forsake technology this weekend and finally clear out the townhouse in Abilene) I shall wax philosophic about my new 'baby'.......the 2002 Chevy Avalanche Z66 I picked up on Friday.

Yes, it shall get a name...but I can't decide if it is male or female.....leaning toward female.....because it is such a HOT vehicle. Love it. Absolutely love it. It is a color called 'Pewter' (aka 'Yay! It's already light brown so when it gets dirty it won't look as dirty as it could look!')

(Yes, I have always named all of my vehicles...starting with the 1989 White 'Baby Retta' Beretta GT...and ending, most recently, with the 2004 Chrysler Sebring LXi convertible...Trixie. I have had Elroy, Penelope, The Demon, the G-Ride, and the Hoopty Car. Wow...I have had quite a few vehicles.)

Yes, I still have the convertible...I am not getting rid of Trixie right now. Still love her toooo much. But, anytime I need to feel tougher than the rest of the world, I am gonna climb into my new baby and drive. My best friend's husband told me that all I needed was a brushguard on the front and I can run over anything that I want.

It felt nice to be back in a pickup.....I mean, I AM a transplanted West Texas farm girl.

I took the truck to Abilene this weekend. Correction. I took it to Eastland....met dad there at the Longhorn/Maverick football game. Jake was coaching....gotta see a couple of his games each season. Dad took the Avalanche from Eastland to Abilene. Dad and I had dinner/breakfast at midnight and he gave my Avalanche back to me. I just love getting into a vehicle after dad has been driving it. It's so cold it is almost arctic. He likes his air conditioning.....I have fond memories of being frozen out on the way home from places as a kid. Nothing like cold fingers and toes to remind you of the good ol' days.

Todd and I spent some time together this weekend...on Saturday night and on Sunday. It is really comforting to know that we can be really close friends. I was afraid that it would be too painful...or awkward.....but we get along much better now that we are divorced. But, he's jealous about my new truck. He reminded me that a scant three years ago he wanted an Avalanche badly, and I annouced they were the ugliest things I have ever seen. Yeah...so....he's right.....I thought that way before. But I like 'em now. Especially since I own one. Dad calls it my 'Tonka Truck'...and that is exactly what it is...a big kid's toy. I am in heaven.

So, if you frequent 183 between Ft. Worth and Dallas......be careful...and watch out for me...especially since what I am driving now is three times the size of my convertible. You have been warned!


No comments: