Monday, May 02, 2005

Not the best news on earth....

You know....you can be having a very, very busy day......and it can be good.

Then, you get hit with bits and pieces of bad news. Not bad for me, personally, because I am not going through physical pain...but I feel badly for the people affected.

My grandmother is in the hospital. Seems I am the last to know things like this. She has had a pacemaker put in....but everything seems to be going well and she should be home soon. Please say a few prayers for my Memama......because she's a wonderful, wonderful grandma and I want her to heal quickly and get back into her Memama ways.

My friend CR from Abilene is in the hospital. She had emergency surgery on Thursday...surgery that is related to some prior surgeries she has had. Today is the first day she has been coherent enough to talk to people...and we had a good conversation. She's a little down - - she's upset that the surgical scars that were fading have now been restored to their brand-new, right after surgery glory. Pray for quick healing for her...she needs a pick-me-up. Pray for the special person really close to her to hurry up and visit her soon.

My friend GW ended up in the ER late last week in excruciating pain......and now she's in the hospital in Abilene. A call to her hospital room about an hour ago was answered by her mother. GW is in surgery herself. The kicker is - GW is about 12 weeks pregnant, and I am not sure how this surgery is going to affect her unborn child. I could be that there is no viable way in which to correct the problem while protecting the life of the child. Prayers for her are requested, also.

And, while it may seem trifle to some.....TheWiredMonkey has also been hit with some terrible news. His precious "Millie" cat passed away today. Now, she was quite old, and had lived a full life...but that is of little comfort to him now. "Millie" and I had a very spotty track record in the friendship department - - but I loved her just the same. She was a beautiful cat, and adored TWM as much as a cat can adore anyone. So, prayers for him as he says goodbye to her.

I am not gonna post about my weekend....or other things going on. Instead, I'm gonna take some time to say a few heartfelt prayers and send some healing mojo to the people I love.

1 comment:

OneCoolMonkey said...

The kind prayers and thoughts are appreciated. With all that has going on, I didn't realize so much was happening for you too. I hope your grandmother returns to good health soon. I will say prayers as well...